I knit so I don't kill people.

Thursday 21 March 2013

Spring has sprung




Well hello there. Spring has arrived and it is f-f-f-f-freezing, the weatherman has no nice promises of warm spring days just snow, gales, hail and cold.  Best crafting weather to wrap up and stay indoors me thinks.

Tut tut tut I've neglected my blog but I have been sooo busy at work I've come home exhausted.  Plus after working at a computer all day the last thing I need when I get home is to sit at another one.

Anyway what's been happening since I last reported.

1. My job is safe and I'm not being made redundant


2. My 17 year old son passed his driving test - first time.  Thrilled to bits but now he wants to get in our car and I've been quoted £4000 to insure him - whaat!



3. Mother's day came with flowers and chocolates - yumm!



4. I've booked us a little break to Scotland  for Easter - yeay !



5.  I've maintained the family hikes around the Wirral - this one was a wonderful Spring day where we walked from Hoylake to West Kirby and back - approximately 4 mile round trip.  It was warm with no wind and blue skies and sunshine











Even the gorse is confused shall I bloom or not?


6.  Still baking

Lemon drizzle

7. Fitted in some reading - I completed this book in a whole day.  What a lovely story from the writer of Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-stop cafe (one of my favourite films).


8 And finally crafting



Finished my socks - yes I know they don't match but that is the fun of the yarn, lovely and comfy.


I was asked for a red and blue Owl hat for a toddler so I tracked down this pattern from Oombawka.  This has a more 3 dimensional aspect to its features and is crocheted using 2 strands of double knitting so it's quite a chunky finish.

To celebrate my prize Harty Hook from Fleabubs  I treated myself to the Rainbow mice pattern from Planet Penny.  I love my new hook as I've only really used simple hooks before but a moulded handle makes all the difference.  If you've never tried it give it a go you may be hooked like me.  I'll post pictures when I've completed a mouse, it's headless at the moment and is not pleasant to view.

I'm off work now for two whole days, plus the weekend -   whole days off for me to craft, clean, bake, walk and just be a domestic goddess - bliss !!
















No comments:

Post a Comment