I knit so I don't kill people.

Sunday 12 February 2012


Well today I might be able to share some of my recently finished projects if my camera behaves itself.  Firstly the Cath Kidston scarf, this was passed over to me by a friend who had received it as a christmas gift,  yes she can knit but is a novice and was not confident enough to tackle this project alone.  Secondly it's a sideways knit and it would have been an impossible task to cast on 180 plus stitches on the tiny needles provided in the kit.  Therefore it was passed to me to knit it up for her.
Rather than a plain stripe I opted for the slip stitch stripe to make it a bit more interesting.  It's a key hole scarf but it's a bit short I feel.  I also lined it with fleece fabric for extra warmth.  I hope my friend enjoys it especially as it was snowing down her end of the country last week.

My next project, inspired by Attic 24 fabulous christmas bunting  http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2012/01/jolly-festive-bunting-ta-dah.html  I decided to do something different instead of the usual bootties or hat for a new grandson borne to a work colleague of mine, so I crocheted a name bunting instead (yes with bells on)





She will of course be getting the compulsory umbilical cord hat from my Stitch'n'bitch handbook http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0761128182/ref=asc_df_07611281826520663?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=0761128182
 I love this quick knit and finished one off last night in gorgeous Debbie Bliss Baby cashmerino http://www.debbieblissonline.com/Yarn.asp?yid=12.  Well that's all for today however I have much more to blog so will be back tomorrow.  Still getting use to this so please bear with me x



No comments:

Post a Comment